Sunday, January 04, 2004

This and That

Yesterday I went to the Georgia/Georgia Tech Men's basketball game. Although the game was exciting (Georgia won in double overtime) it was extremely hard. I've mentioned before that noise is a real problem for me. Well, I thought I could handle it -- but I couldn't. I've been doing well with the women's basketball games I regularly attend but they are definitely not as loud as the men's games. It was hard for me to keep focused despite the closeness of the game and after the game I was mentally exhausted. It was a quiet night in our house last night because I couldn't carry on a conversation, or follow anything on television -- it just wasn't in the cards. I guess I'll settle for watching men's basketball on television!

I'm going to New York in a few days on business. I am quite familiar with the city so the trip itself does not bother me -- although I know that I have to write everything down and be sure that I have proper identification on me in case something were to happen. But, the business end of the trip does bother me somewhat. First of all, it is very difficult for me to get ready to go. I'm not as organized as I once was -- and that probably isnt' even a fair statement. I actually know what I have to do to get ready, but I find that it is more difficult for me to pull things together. It is like when I am having a "bad brain day" (as I am fond of calling my bad days) and having to prepare dinner. I know what I want to cook but I can't get it all to come together --when to time out things so they will all be done at the same time. I know what needs to be done but I can't get there without assistance. It's rather frustrating. But I have started to get ready for the New York trip but it is just taking a lot longer than I had planned. I used to be able to spend a couple of days putting my work stuff together and one evening packing. I've been working on this process for over two weeks -- perhaps by Wednesday I will have it all put together!

No comments: