Wednesday, January 07, 2004

New York City

I'm going to New York City today. I think I have mentioned this before -- I'm not anxious about the trip to New York City. What I'm anxious about is all the "noise" in New York City. I'm going there on business and I have been going for many years. I know the city quite well and feel comfortable in getting around the city. But the noise confuses me. Being in crowded restaurants, city noises, cabs honking, sirens blaring, all can get me pretty confused.

It's strange how noise affects how I think but in talking with others with Early On Set Alzheimer's this is something we all deal with. The only way I can describe it is that the noise turns into "white noise" in my brain and I can't filter things out. That gets me confused. I'll have to try to stay focused and be sure I have everything written down as to where I'm going and what I'm doing. I'll be fine.

No comments: