Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Thanks

I have lots of "thank you's" for this week.

Thanks to all of you for responding to my "Call For Action" last week as stated below. I really appreciate it.

Thanks to the Georgia Alzheimer's Assn. for the special greeting they sent me last week. These folks are a great group of people.

Thanks to all that have contributed to the Memory Walk this year. But if you haven't, there is still time -- you can click to the left of this blog and find a link.

Thanks too, for all your comments that all of you have left on my blog. Many do not get published for everyone to see for various reasons, but I see them all and they are very inspiring to me.

I'll save the rest of my "thank you's" for a time around Thanksgiving!

On a few other notes, I would like to say that the interview with our family that was done as part of a series for CNN is scheduled to run this Friday, October 6th. It will run in Headline News and is schedule to run once an hour from the 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. The Healthy Minute segment usually runs about 8 minutes after the hour. There will be four Healthy Minute segments dealing with Alzheimer's in all and the other one that has my family in it will run on November 6th. I'll be encouraging you all to contact CNN after they run as I did with the NBC piece.

The National Alzheimer's office asked me to come to Washington to speak at a meeting that would include the FDA and some of the pharmaceutical companies. Alzheimer's drugs was the topic. I had to decline the invitation because of a trip we have scheduled to California to see Alan and it is also just a couple of days after the memory walk. I really hate it when I have to turn down a request like that because it is so important to me. I feel like I have let them down by not being able to do this, but my stamina isn't what it used to be. When I'm tired my brain doesn't work right and it gets to be too much for me. I appreciate them asking me and I know they will find someone else to do this, but I am disappointed I can't do it. It's always been hard for me to say "no" to things, but I think I am finally realizing my new limitations and I don't like it so much.

No comments: