Friday, October 20, 2006

A Few Days Off

My husband and I just returned from our first "seniors" trip. It was to the Greenbrier Resort in West Virginia. It was just beautiful. I have always wanted to go there and knew that we could never afford to go on our own. So when some friends suggested it I jumped on the chance.

The fall colors were at their peak in some areas and it was just breathtaking.

I did o.k. -- got tired earlier than I should have. I ate too much, didn't sleep enough so I got off my routine. But all I had to do was to follow people around all the time, so I did o.k. It's was so nice to have it all arranged for us. When we go on vacation we probably argue more about where we are going to eat than anything else.

In a few weeks we are planning a trip to see the kid in California. He was coming home for Thanksgiving put the airfare and scheduling didn't work. So we will have our Thanksgiving early I guess.

Since I'm pretty tired I am going to stop for now and more soon.

1 comment:

Southern Fried Mom said...

I admire your positive attitude, and your drive to be a leader in the fight against AD. I just found your site...my dad, 57, has early onset Alzheimer's, and I wrote my first blog entry on the topic today.