Monday, June 02, 2008

I think that all my traveling has finally caught up with me. I'm extremely tired and have been fighting "the blues" as of late. Every little thing seems to bother me way more than it should. Hopefully, this too, will pass.

I've mentioned the book Still Alice before on my blog and I know that many of you have had a chance to read it. I heard from the author today that her book was picked up by a major publisher and will be in bookstores beginning the first part of 2009. Congratulations Lisa -- what a great accomplishment to you. I think anyone who reads the book will certainly understand the trials and tribulations of dealing with Alzheimer's through Alice and her family.

I'm closing now because I can't quite seem to get my thoughts together to write much more. I will try again in a few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to tell you I appreciate your blog. I went back to see some of your first comments and skimmed through the up to the present. I think this explains a little why my mother stopped going out of the house.

I thought it was her problem hearing people and that made her not want to be with people. I worried she was sad being home alone so much. The doctor said it was part of the disease.

Your comments about how things are easier without a lot of distractions and that you enjoy the quiet of your time alone has helped me understand what my mother must be feeling.

When she can no longer be alone I plan to have her live with me. I will take what you have said here to make things easier, a simple space with less clutter, things like that. I wouldn't have known that mattered if you hadn't written your thoughts.

Thank you,
Ginger in Bellevue