Thursday, June 28, 2007

Early Stage Alzheimer's

Last year, the National Alzheimer's Association created an Early Stage Advisory group to deal with the particular problems those of us with Early Stage Alzheimer's have to deal with. Some of our issues are different than those in late stages mainly because we are still somewhat functional, many still work, and many are in their 40's and 50's. Insurance, disability, social security, job security, family issues come in to play and need to be dealt with in a different way. I was so pleased that they came up with this and in their first year were very aggressive in the areas they addressed and wanted to help change.

This year, I have been invited to be on this Advisory Panel. I'm please to have been selected and hope that I can do it justice. We will be engaged throughout the year as advocates and spokespersons for the association and Early Stage Alzheimer's. I know from many of your comments and emails that I have received from others in the same boat that there are issues out there you want addressed as well. I hear you and will definitely bring those to the table. Feel free to leave me a comment if you have some of your own ideas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kris,

Congratulations on your nomination to this panel! I'm pleased to find your blog and have linked to it from The Tangled Neuron.

Unknown said...

Hi Kris,

I would love to hear more about the the panel comes up with. Is there an expected time line?

Thanks,
Sarah