Monday, December 28, 2009

Holiday Aftermath


In this photo, Katie Felton, Chris Felton, Alan, me, Josh Darnell and Melissa Darnell.

This Christmas has really been good. Not too much overload this year as in year's past -- that has helped me a lot this year. I didn't do much decorating so there isn't that much clutter around the house. I didn't have to cook a large meal which reduced my stress. And, we didn't plan much so that made it pretty low key. It was nice to have Alan home for a few days -- it was pretty quiet and we all had a good time. Alan leaves in the morning for DC. We are going to Atlanta ice skating today (my brother sent me new skates!) and to meet up with Jennifer's parents and sister for a meal. I hate to see him go -- it is always nice to have him home even for a short time.

The photo above is from a lunch Alan and I had yesterday with my friends Chris and Josh and their wives. If you have been following my blog for long you will know that Chris and Josh used to work for me. Chris now lives in Ft. Lauderdale and is in med school. Josh is in the army and was deployed to Afghanistan last year where he suffered some major injuries last February. He has had a long and rough ride with many surgeries and a long stint in the hospital but we are glad to say that he is recuperating very well and will be getting a medical discharge this spring from the military. We all worried about him so much -- I'm glad to see him doing so well. The three of us don't get together very often but when we do we find a lot to laugh about. I'm fortunate these guys still keep me in their lives.

Hope everyone had a great holiday. I'm looking forward to the rest of the week as I'm going to try to devote much of it to getting rid of a lot of clutter around the house and getting a little more organized.

Happy New Year to everyone!

1 comment:

karen said...

Glad your Christmas was good and not too stressful. We had a bit of a snow storm but not like many other states around us. A white Christmas was pretty. I am so glad you had a nice visit with friends and family. That is the best present. Happy New Year!!!