Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Lots of News on Alzheimer's

You might have read an article about a new blood test designed to detect Alzheimer's much earlier than can now be done. It is going through testing and is expected to be on the market by 2009 and if everything goes well. One member of our National Advisory group was on CBS news last night in relation to a story about this new test. He did a great job!

The national office called me yesterday to see if I could do an interview with ABC news, but I had to make my way to the ABC affiliation in Atlanta in exactly three hours from the phone call. At the time of the day they called me if would have taken me too long to get ready and to get to Atlanta during rush hour traffic to make it, so someone else was called to do it. The networks sometimes don't give the national office a lot of time to react. Luckily, there are many on our advisory group that live closer to a large city where this can happen.

Here is a link to another story popular yesterday -- this discusses several different things in the pipeline to help us. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19177355/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched the world news last night and thought of you! It would have been fun to be on the national news! I've been thinking about you and wishing you well. - Elyzabeth