Friday, April 08, 2005

A busy few weeks

I have been extremely busy and of course that throws me out of my routine, so that is my excuse for this week for not entering information in here. It's not a great excuse but one just the same.

My nephew visited us for three days. He had two conferences in Atlanta -- on consecutive weekends so he came to visit us for a few days in between. While he was here I had a talk to give in Dahlonega and he went with me. It was nice to spend some time with him. He is 25 years old and we moved here 25 years ago so I never really had a chance to get to know him. He's a bright kid and studying for his PhD in School Pyschology. But we had a great time going to Dahlonega and the folks there were so gracious. When I speak about my Alzheimer's it is really more therapy for me I think than the groups I speak to so I'm always grateful to get the opportunity.

Then we took my nephew to meet up with my son in Atlanta and he spent a night with him before his next conference started. This weekend my nephew will fly back to Illinois late on Sunday and my brother is coming into Atlanta on business on Sunday morning. Our plan right now is to meet my brother, get my son, catch up with my nephew and all have a meal before my nephew gets on a plane. It's hard for me to follow -- so I am hoping that someone else is keeping track of all of this!

As I write this my son is at the University of Chicago Law School for their admitted students weekend. He went to Harvard's and last weekend he went to Stanford's. It is down to these three and I feel that a decision will be soon. I know this is a difficult decision for him and I'm trying to keep out of it -- it needs to be his decision. That's hard for me to do!

Next week is our 25th wedding anniversary. That is a milestone. I never thought I would ever be married to anyone that long!

I have another speaking engagement in Albany next week and after that I think I need to rest. Not being on my routine is difficult and I'll be glad when I can get back to it. I just have too many bad days when I am not on my routine.

No comments: