Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We can all be grateful for so many things. I'm most grateful for friends and family. Today, I met a new friend. I've known other members of her family for a long time, but never got to actually meet her until today. What a lovely young woman she is. So beautiful, so well spoken, so loving and so down to earth. What a refreshing friend to meet. I'm thankful for that. When you think about it, you don't really meet that many people that truly become friends -- usually just someone you meet in passing. It's a treasure to find a "new friend".

We had a nice quiet Thanksgiving with son and daughter-in-law and her parents in Atlanta yesterday. Jennifer and Alan did most of the cooking and it was nice to sit back and be pampered a bit. I'm glad they are closer to home now and that we can enjoy their company more often.

No comments: