Thursday, November 01, 2007

I'm here

I know I haven't posted in awhile. I've been kind of lazy and tired. I finally got caught up from the Memory Walk and then I was off to Atlanta for a couple of days. I'm also working on a couple of projects for the National Alzheimer's office so that is keeping me busy.

My friends from the Early Onset Advocacy Group, held their Early Memory Loss Forum last weekend in LA and from all accounts it was a huge success. You can read about it here - www.alzforum.org/new/detail.asp?id=1675 Hopefully, other chapters will pick up the ball and continue running with it.

It has turned cool here in the south finally. The leaves are starting to turn but with the drought we have had this year they are not so colorful. We are going to play golf today and I'm not sure how many balls we will lose in the leaves!

The UGA women's basketball season opens up tonight with an exhibition game. As you know from following this blog I'm a big fan. Our team is ranked #10 in the pre-season polls. We have lots of players this year -- it seems like we are always low in numbers because of injuries, but hopefully we will remain healthy this year. I do have my problems going to games though. Some days I can't go because of the noise. It is way too distracting to me. Sometimes we have to come home early because I can't deal with it all. I try -- I really do but it many times just too overwhelming. A friend of mine who recently retired has talked to me about going to some away games with her and the prospect of it sounds great -- I am just not sure how many of those games I can do. However, the crowds at the arenas around the league are not as large as our crowds (except a couple which we wouldn't be going to anyway) so it might not be so bad. My friends are getting used to traveling with me so that is good!

Next week I'm off to an Alzheimer's meeting in Atlanta and then off to Chicago for a few days the week after that on Alzheimer's business. I will try to enter a little more frequently.

No comments: