Sunday, November 04, 2007

Busy Week

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed. It used to take a lot to make me feel that way but not anymore. There are lots of loose ends on some projects I am working on and that is always unsettling to me. And, the loose ends are because I am having to wait on others to tie them up. I hate that -- I'd rather do it myself and know that it is done. I'm not a procrastinator and those that are drive me crazy. I also don't like people who are late -- but that is a whole different blog subject!

Anyway, this week we have our wrap up meeting for the Memory Walk. We are still taking in money but I'm not sure we are going to make our $75,000 mark. We'll see. I also have to go to Atlanta for another Alzheimer's meeting. I'm working on a speech for a meeting in Chicago the week after that.

I'm also starting work on another project with some colleagues from the Early Stage Advocacy Group. It will be some work but something to look forward to. I only hope that I can contribute as much as everyone else does. I feel inferior sometimes when working with this group as they are all so accomplished, driven and intelligent. My husband keeps telling me that I fit into that category but I don't think I do. Perhaps I don't feel as focused because I have been fighting this disease for five years. I'm not sure what the reason is but I know that a lot of work still has to be done and I'm willing to do my part as best I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to 'see' you! Keep well! D