Wednesday, April 18, 2012

More multiple topics

This blogspot that I am using keeps changing on me and I always get a different screen while trying to post.  I need someone to help me with it or I'm not going to be able to post any longer because it is too confusing. So, I might be absent for awhile but I'm going to keep trying.

Next week I'm heading to Washington DC for the annual Alzheimer's Advocacy Conference.  I'm anxious to see old friends and to see what we are facing in the year to come with Alzheimer's funding as well as research is taking us.  Hopefully, there will be some good news on the horizon.

In my last post, I spoke of some funerals that I had recently gone too.  Unfortunately, since then another person I know had his life cut short this past week.  A brain aneurysm took the life of a vibrant man in his 40's. A friend to everyone he met, he leaves and beautiful wife.  Oh so sudden, and oh so sad.  My heart goes out to Amy for her loss and to all of us who knew Jon.  The love they showed for each other was to be envied. You will be missed Jon -- may your rest in peace.

Having said that -- I keep going back to how short life is.  Even if we live to a ripe old age are we doing everything we can to make it a happy life?  We need to, and while I think that -- I wish I was strong enough to take my own advice. But, sometimes, that is hard to do isn't it?


No comments: