Sunday, March 04, 2012

Kids

I have heard lately from several people who have come to realize how important their parents are. Taken their parents for granted all these years. I don't think I realized it until I became a parent myself. But, in the reverse, I hope that I don't take my son for granted -- I probably do but don't think about it. I do appreciate when he calls me out of the blue or sends me an email without wanting something. He's always been pretty good about that -- I am thankful for that. I don't tell him often enough how much that means to me and I should. We shouldn't wait to tell any of our friends or family how much they mean to us. Don't take it for granted. Be proactive. Appreciate everyone you know-- they all have a part in your life, whether a major one or not.

No comments: