Sunday, March 04, 2012

Friends

I don't know if it is normal or not to have friends come in and out of your life. I think perhaps it is but then I'm not sure. I guess all friendships have their "life cycle" if you will. After being first diagnosed a lot of my so called friends went away -- not being able to deal with it or not wanting to deal with it. So, I guess I'm always suspicious when I don't hear from a friend for awhile or I try to contact them or reach out to them and I get no response. How far do I take it? Or am I guilty of the same thing. If so, I want those to tell me so I can make it right. I realize some times that a friendship has run its course, but it would be nice to know that rather than wondering what you did to alienate that person. Maybe that is too much to ask -- maybe the sound of silence is all you need to know -- take your cue from it and move on.

No comments: