Saturday, March 08, 2008

Back from Nashville

Well -- we just got back from Nashville. We lost in the second round of the basketball tournament which was not very good! It snows about four inches in Nashville last night and getting back to the hotel from the arena was pretty slow going. There was a lot of ice underneath the snow so it was slippery. We waited for the roads to clear before we headed home today. I'm glad we are home -- I'm tired and I have a long week in front of me.

Many of you may have heard or read about the young lady that was murdered at UNC in Chapel Hill. She was the student body president and she is from here -- Athens, Georgia. I know her father and I can't imagine what that family is going through. The details of her murder are a little sketchy to me because I have been out of the news loop. She was so well loved and was the valedictorian of her high school here in Athens. What a shame to lose a life that young.

More when I get rested and before I leave for Albany this week. Thanks again to all of those that responded, sent comments and emails from the Alzheimer's Assn. post last week.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Kris--Thank you for sharing your thoughts. My husband of 43 years has cognitive loss with no diagnosis. We have been unwilling to get the diagnosis--keep hoping for some other cause. His 68th birthday is today and it is not a happy time. He mourns for what he thought his life would be and I don't know how to help him. He is still functioning quite well, but we need to be more pro-active. We are both adult children of Alzheimer's victims but can't quite put our knowledge to work. I will look forward to reading your blogs. Thank you again.