Monday, July 11, 2005

Vacation's over

Well we made it back from Hilton Head. The weather was hot but we still managed some tennis, swimming (pool and ocean) and bicycling around the island. Alan and Jennifer also ventured into the waters with a kayak.

It was nice to get away but it is always nice to get home as well. The trip was much harder for me than I thought it was going to be. And mostly, because things were new to me. We stayed in a villa for the week and of course, everything was different. I found it extemely difficult to work in the kitchen -- I had to ask for help several times. I was just so confused because I didn't know where things were and where to put them back when I got them out, etc. etc. Also, Hilton Head was a lot busier in general than we had remembered it. There were a lot more people and a couple of times, I found myself very close to a panic attack because there were so many people around and I was in a strange place.

Sometimes when we go on vacation I like to venture out on my own. But I couldn't do that either on foot, bike or by car because I was so confused by my surroundings. I hate it when that happens! Luckily, my family was by my side and didn't leave me alone too often.

We have a few more two and three day trips left for the summer but they shouldn't be too bad. Then, we'll be packing Alan up for the drive to California. What fun that will be.

No comments: