Monday, August 13, 2018


This was taken on a recent trip to Illinois to visit my family.  Our grandson Ian and his Mom and Dad (Alan and Jen) went with us.  Some of my family members had not met Ian yet, so it was nice that we finally made that happen.  Family vacations are rare -- we also got to visit with some long time friends.  My brother retired the day before we arrived so we had a special celebration for him.  He has gotten himself involved in some Alzheimer's research in which he has had to undergo a lot of tests.  He hasn't show any signs of Alzheimer's but they want to watch him over a period of time.  I really appreciate that he has done this and I know that in the long run all research is good for the cause.

Our Walk to End Alzheimer's is coming up in October and I have been working to get all m donations in.  I am hoping that my team can raise $20,000.  Last year we ended up with $17,000+ donated.  If you would like to donate you can click here and it will take you to our site.... Athens Walk to End Alzheimer's.  I would certainly appreciate anything you could donate. 

No comments: