Saturday, September 26, 2009

Well, it had stopped raining but today is another wash out. Not real great for the home Georgia Football game tonight.

My husband decided to change our cable subscription and with it came a new remote control for our television set. I could hardly work the old one -- now I have to learn this one. It makes me a little anxious just touching it so hopefully he will be patient with me -- new things are difficult!

I've been getting lots of requests to repost things on my blog so I'm going to do a few -- one is http://1mtweets.com/ -- this is a site for those that Twitter -- which I don't -- to remember a loved one with Alzheimer's. They are trying to get one million tweets.

Someone else has asked some questions regarding on going clinical trials. Here is a link for the most current clinical trials I know of http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=alzheimer%27s

Jeanette sent this link to a device she invented to leave her mother messages. She cares for her mother with Alzheimer's and wanted her to be able to hear her voice during the day. I don't really know much more about it than what this link shows, and I'm not endorsing it, just passing the information along if you are interested http://www.kindreminder.com/.

We're preparing for our Memory Walk which is in a few weeks. For those that have contributed thank you -- if you still want to contribute see the link to the right.

3 comments:

David Schantz said...

Kris,

I'm thinking about the Kind Reminder to leave Sue a reminder to take her medication when I'm at work. I'm not really sure she would think of it though. Right now I tape a note to her cigarette pack, I know she will find that.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

karen said...

Sorry about the rain. Georgia could still beat Arkansas in rain or shine. We got beat again today by Alabama. So sad.
I left a tweet. Thanks for the Info.
http://alzheimersandmomblog.blogspot.com/

Men of Men said...

I really enjoy the posts and stories on this blog. After caring for my great grandfather for over a year I built the site AlzMall.com. I am really looking for those who are affected by Alzheimer's disease to share their personal stories on my site.

Jerry,