Saturday, November 08, 2008

Overwhelmed

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed lately. I think what bothers me most is that I shouldn't be overwhelmed. I have a few things that I need to do, but I can't seem to wrap my arms around them and do them. The tasks seem daunting but they are not. In my "old life" I would tackle all of these projects in one day and be done with them. Now it takes me forever to get my thoughts together enough just to post to this blog!

Thanksgiving is in a few weeks. We usually get together with friends at someone's house. I was thinking of being the host this year, but I realized I couldn't do it without help. Alan is flying in from Washington DC on Thanksgiving morning and Ralph will be going to Atlanta to pick him up. That means that no one would be around to help me get everything together for a meal. So, I knew that I couldn't host friends coming over. The realization of that bothers me a lot. I realize that I could have asked some of my friends to come and help me but I didn't want to do that. I wanted to do it myself and I can't. That makes me sad. Of course, one of our friends volunteered to do the hosting and we will all be together on Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for that and for the fact that Alan is going to be here. But it makes me feel inadequate and I don't like that.

1 comment:

Camilla said...

Must be very frustrating for you. But it sounds like you're gonna have a nice Thanksgiving after all :-)

I tryed to focus on those things that did function insted of what my mother couldn't do. It's not easy. Hope you try to do the same even thought it is a hard thing to do.