Thursday, May 10, 2007

Busy weeks ahead

I'm gearing up for a few busy weeks. As I tired as I get I need to pace myself. Next week I am going to begin volunteering for the NCAA women and men's tennis tournament to be held here. The men's tournament has been here for many years and we always go to watch. This year both the men's and the women's tourney is being held at the same time and they needed some people to work. I can't do much that requires a lot of concentration for a long period of time, but at least I might feel useful.

In the middle of that I'm going to Minneapolis to speak to a group on what it is like to have Alzheimer's. There will be several people on a panel and I'm anxious to go and see some old friends. It will be an exhausting trip for me and I know I will need a few days to recover.

Over the Memorial Day weekend we are going to a friend's wedding in North Carolina. This lovely young lady that is getting married was the Chair of our first Memory Walk here in Athens. She was going to UGA at the time and her sorority, Sigma Kappa, supports Alzheimer's as their philanthropic interest and she was in charge. She is a remarkable young lady. She now lives in Denver and works for a pharmaceutical company. I'm so glad she is getting married and I haven't seen her in over a year so I'm glad that we will be part of her special day. I just have to remember to pace myself!

In June we finally get to see the kid in Washington DC. It seems like he is settling in to his new job at the law firm up there. I'm sure he will have lots to show us and tell us.

Speaking of the Memory Walk -- the date for Athens' is Saturday October 20th. Your support is definitely needed. And, if you get a chance, check out the national Alzheimer's Website at www.alz.org. They have a great new ad campaign that is coming out and hopefully will help raise awareness. Some big names have lended their support to the program and I am excited to see that happening.

The best of Mother's Day to all of you out there.

No comments: