Sunday, June 06, 2004

President Reagan

died yesterday at the age of 93. He had Alzheimer's. I was always kind of indifferent to President Reagan never really feeling one way or another about him. When he announced 10 years ago he had the early stages of Alzheimer's, I remember feeling sorry for his family and wondering what they would have to go through in the years ahead. Needless to say, his death has had a bigger impact on me than I thought it would. I don't think I need to say anymore.

On a lighter note, some friends came from Illinois to see us this week. They drove the 12 hours or so, stayed a day, went to Atlanta for a day and drove home. That's friendship. It means so much to me that I have friends like that. It's hard for me to see them leave because I don't know when I will see them again or if by the time I do see them again whether I will remember them or not. So, I try to cherish the time I have with everyone not knowing what lies ahead.

As retirement approaches at the end of this month, my list of things I want to do grows longer. That's probably a good thing.

No comments: