Monday, July 07, 2008

I might have mentioned this before, but last month I rotated off of the National Alzheimer's Association Early Stage Advisory Group. It was very rewarding and a lot of work. I didn't really realize how much I missed it until this week -- when I realized I don't get as many emails as I use to! Having fourteen other people on the board with me and dealing with all the wonderful folks at the national office, it seemed like every day I was getting an email from someone about some thing that needed to be tended to for the day -- or just a friendly hello from my peers. Although I know we all share that special bond of serving for a year we will remain friends and support each other through our trials and tribulations with Alzheimer's, it's just different now and I miss it. A new board has been chosen and I don't know who has been appointed to the board yet, other than two friends that have told me they have been selected. They will enjoy their time on the board. I'm still involved with one or two projects that are a carry over from the Early Stage Advisory Group, but they are now independent of the group. I guess it is nice to know that you are needed and you can possibly do something to help.

Ralph and I will be going to Atlanta on Wednesday to meet with Jennifer and Alan to work on some wedding details. It will be here before you know it. I keep trying my dress on hoping that the few pounds I have put on won't stop me from getting into it come August. I guess it is a real motivator!

I've also been trying to clean the house since we will have out of town company for the wedding. It's amazing the stuff that you keep around. Our Memory Walk committee is having a fund raiser yard sale in September so I am trying to keep the stuff around long enough to sell it -- but I don't have that much space.

Some friends are giving Jennifer and Alan a shower this weekend. It's so nice of them to do that. I know it will be nice.

I'm going to try to play golf again tomorrow. We'll see if I can make it around the course without falling down!

No comments: