Wednesday, May 10, 2017

The saga continues

Last week I was welcomed in Warner Robins by the NARFE state convention. (National Active and Retired Federal Employees) -- I was one of their keynote speakers and they were great.  Thanks to all of you for having me there -- I enjoyed my time and getting to know some of your members.  This organization gives very very generously to the Alzheimer's Association not only on a state level but on a national one as well.  We are very grateful for all they do.

As I mentioned in my previous posts, I'm dealing with this breast cancer thing. Since then, a few things have changed.  My chemotherapy treatments that were suppose to start this week didn't. Last week I had a CT scan of my torso and a tumor was found in my liver.  In addition, a bone scan indicated there was a "suspicious" spot on my spine. Needless to say, these are not things we were prepared to hear.  Every time I go to the doctor I find more things I didn't want to hear and certainly weren't expecting to hear.

So, tomorrow I sill have another CT scan of my abdomen and my pelvic are so they can get a better look at the liver tumor.  A few days after that (we hope) there will be a biopsy done on that tumor to see if it is malignant. I will also have an MRI on my spine to look closer at the spot there to determine what it is. We are in that "hurry up and wait" mode which is always pretty agonizing.  Our next doctor's appointment is next Thursday and we are hoping that by then the results of all of these tests are in and we can again get a course of treatment.  I hate to take more tests because they keep finding new things.

All of this has been weighing heavily on my mind and my focus isn't clear. My friends and family have been there when I need them and I know they will continue to be. Please keep us in your prayers as we continue on this journey.

1 comment:

Russell said...

Kris, you and your family are in my thoughts. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need anything.