Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Back At It?

About two and half months ago I had my left knee replaced.  I had my right knee replaced about three years ago.  I thought I remembered how long it took for therapy and getting back to "normal" was, but apparently not.  Although, this time around during and after prescribed physical therapy I took to the pool once a day and got stronger a lot faster than I thought I would.

So, last week, I started playing Pickleball again.  I am still not running -- kind of hobbling along best I can.  My partners have been good to me and compensated for my weaknesses.  But, one day I was playing and in an effort to "guard my knee" I took a tumble on the court.  It wasn't the first time I or others have fallen on the court.  We play on a basketball court and sometimes depending on the shoes you wear, your feet can get "stuck" on the floor -- so your body moves but your feet don't, and consequently, down you go.  Well, that is what happened to me and this was the result

 
a nice bruise to the right thigh. But I didn't hurt my knee!
 
Tomorrow I am playing golf for the first time since my knee surgery -- let's hope nothing else happens.

1 comment:

Carol said...

OMG Kris! Are you sure you need to play Pickleball yet? That's a nasty bruise.

I'm praying for a full recovery for you my friend.

Love and hugs to you.