Sunday, November 07, 2010

Bliss

I have had the best three days. My husband has been out of town and it has been wonderful. I know that sounds bad, but he knows what I mean. It is so quiet, I don't have to listen to the tv or the radio, I don't have to have a conversation if I don't want to. I'm not as tired when he is gone. I don't realize what a difference it makes until he is gone. But my three days of peace is coming to an end.....I hate it, but back to trying to deal with reality!



Another nice thing that happened this weekend that I was invited to Augusta to speak at the Memory Walk. They did a really nice job and had about 1,000 people there. It was a little chilly to start out with but turned out to be a beautiful day. An added bonus was my long time friend, Suzanne went with me and we were able to catch up in the car. I'll post photos when I get them. Thanks to Kathy, Dee Dee and Kimberly in the Augusta Alzheimer's Association office.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris,
I just had to check you out.
I'm one of the other two people with AD in the Shriver Book.
You must have been in the first ESAG group? Mary Ann B. and I were in the second group.
Although there is a big difference in our ages, we had similar goals upon diagnosis: no hiding. And we're doing our best to dispel the myth that all people diagnosed with AD are blithering idiots. We are doing our best to get rid of the stigma, educate and live with the hand we've been dealt.

Good luck and keep up the good work. Your team raised an amazing amount for your Memory Walk!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris,
I have been following you for awhile my Dad has AD and you have helped tremendously. I just wanted you to know even those of us without AD like when our husbands go away for a few days! Bliss

Andrea