Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Manhattan Transfer Concert











Last night, in Macon Georgia we went to an Alzheimer's benefit concert by the Manhattan Transfer. That is a group I have always liked so I was glad when I heard they were playing. The development director in the Macon office asked Alan to come from Washington DC and speak before the concert. Last year, I spoke before their benefit concert so it was nice that they asked him to speak. I was so proud of him -- as every mother would be -- but he put a lot of his emotions into the speech and it was very well received. Lots of people came up to him afterwards and told him how touched they were by his remarks. I know how hard that must have been for him to write and I appreciate him and love him so much. I've posted a few photos from last night. Thanks to all in Macon for such a great evening.

No comments: