Saturday, March 29, 2008

Liz -- thanks for your comments. Gators are certainly welcome on this board! I'm sure you were disappointed with not getting into the NCAA but look how many championship trophies you have in the last couple of years! It takes awhile to rebuild. Please feel free to use what you want from this blog. If you would like to send me your email address in a comment, I promise not to post it and I can contact you direct.

Today we are going to Atlanta to see Avenue Q. I am hoping I can follow most of it. I have wanted to see it for a long time and that is one of the shows on Broadway I never got to see during my time as Theatre Director in my old job. I woke up today having panic attacks and I am hoping that by this afternoon things will settle down for me.

My son and his fiancee are in Seattle. The weather hasn't been cooperating. He was in Washington DC on Monday of this week to have the cases he was working on at Stanford heard by the Supreme Court. I hope he can get some rulings handed down on these cases before he graduates but things like that take time. Then he flew home to Palo Alto and they drove to Seattle. This is his official spring break and the last time he will have a spring break in California. I'm so anxious for them to be home. It is going to be a busy summer.

I received two wedding invitations this week from young people that I really enjoy being around. Unfortunately, one of the wedding's conflicts with my nephew's wedding so I won't be able to go to that one. I feel honored, though, that they have asked us to share their special day with them.

The pollen is already out down here in Georgia. It is not even April and we are seeing the "green stuff" already starting to coat cars, mail boxes and sidewalks. My husband and I went out to hit the tennis ball yesterday and you can't hit the ball without pollen blowing up in your face.

A reminder that next Saturday the Georgia Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association will be hosting a town hall meeting in Atlanta for those that suffer from early memory loss. If you are in the area, please sign up by going to www.alz.org/georgia and go to the town hall meeting section. It is free and lunch will be provided. Would love to see you there. It will be informative and a good way to discuss some of the issues that we face.

1 comment:

Russell said...

The show is hysterical!!!

If you have time to say hello, I'll be in the building all day.