Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Week

I'm having one of those "anxiety" weeks -- trying to fend off all too common panic attacks. It is very weird how they come on -- but I just get this feeling that I have to be home. I feel much better when I am home -- last week when I went to the neurologist he asked me if it was making me a "hermit" --and I wouldn't say that that is the case, I just feel better at home. I can't quite wrap my feelings around it -- it is just that I need to be home.

On another note, I received a lovely note from a lady that attended my talk in Gainesville last week. That meant so much to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris,
Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog. We have so much in common. At our support group last week one of the group made a statement that his wife did not like him working by himself and wanting to be alone in his hobby work. He was told he should want to be with people more. He replied that it was not that he didn't want to be around other people, but that when he was by himself, he could complete the task so much easier. I too have been likened to a "hermitess" but after his explanation, I felt so much better. I do my best by myself, not because I want to, but these days it is the only way I seem to do certain things right.
Hope this finds you doing well.
Alicia Hunt

Kris said...

Alicia -- thanks for your thoughts. It is good to hear from you. I hope you are still able to work part time. Keep in touch. Kris