Monday, September 05, 2005

Another world away

is what it seems like to me when I look at the devastating photos from New Orleans. I was glued to my tv set for the first few days of Katrina and then I started getting so depressed I stopped watching. I cannot even imagine what those people are going through. My problems don't seem to be very big when I see that.

My son has made it to Stanford and starts his classes tomorrow. It seems like it has been a long time coming -- I know he will enjoy his studies.

Before he left, he was going to alter my blog site somewhat in order for you to send comments, but that is a task that didn't get done and probably won't for awhile. That is certainly not a priority now.

I have been working as much as I can on the Memory Walk as it is in about 6 weeks. It overwhelms me at times and I keep thinking that I can continue like I used to and I know that I can't. It's just hard to get that in my mind sometimes! I don't know what my role will be next year, it is probably time for me to be off the committee and just gather my friends, raise money and walk for the good of the cause.

To all of those that have donated to the Walk in my honor, thank you. I know for many there are more pressing issues in the world right now than finding a cure for Alzheimer's -- but I hope we don't lose sight of it.

1 comment:

Alan said...

Law school's busy, but I can always make time for my mother.