Thursday, August 11, 2005

A Bad Day When You Least Expect It

Today started out a good day. Today was our Memory Walk Captain's Luncheon. Outback Steakhouse provided lunch for our committee and for those who are going to have a team in this year's Memory Walk. I didn't have to do much for it -- I got some door prizes together and helped with whatever I could. I wasn't even speaking -- I did last year, but I thought they needed to hear someone else speak this year.

The lunch went well but in the end I realized how stressed I was. I shouldn't have been.....it was just a lunch. And when I think that I used to be able to plan and carry out functions for several thousand people at a time it's a little unnerving.

When I was driving home from the luncheon I noticed that my reaction time was off. Not bad, but it seemed like I was about a second or two off from what I should have been. I never thought too much about it at the time.

Then when my husband came home we went out to play tennis. And, I noticed my reaction time on the court was really off. Now sometimes I just don't go race down a shot out of sheer laziness but tonight, my brain didn't even tell my body to run for the ball until after it had bounced -- and then it was way too late. I've had a few problems before playing tennis but nothing like that. I hated it because there was absolutely nothing I could do about it -- the brain just didn't work.

I don't know what else to say!

No comments: